NewCom offers a comprehensive array of services that support the various industry we support. These include both engineering and GIS services.
Whether you are developing a GIS or enhancing it, as an ESRI Business Partner, an Authorized Developer, a Value Added Desk-top Software Reseller, coupled with our experience across many industries, we provide the support and knowledge you need to get the most from your investment.
Our services include: FIX LINKS
- CAD and GIS translations/conversion services
- standardization of CAD files
- conversions to alternate GIS and CAD systems
- Telecommunications engineering services
- engineering services support, copper, coax and fiber OSP networks
- field engineering services
- field asset inventory and as-built mapping
- project management
- Scanning services
- Field Services
- Asset Inventory
- Construction Inspection
- Project management
GIS Consulting Services
Benefit from our vast experience in working with numerous industries . NewCom can assist you in developing your GIS and maintaining it. Our experience with local governments, and private industries can provide you with keen insight into the development of your GIS and management of data . Our staff understands the issues in implementing a GIS, and provide direction on appropriate data structures, database designs and software applications.
Our services include:
- Requirements analyses
- Needs assessment
- Data maintenance planning
- Spatial database design
- GIS development and implementation planning
- integration of related data
- Evaluation and planning of migration
- Development of upgrade plans
NewCom offers a comprehensive training program for all ESRI products. Training can be customized for your individual needs, and held at your site or at our facility in Des Moines, Iowa. Training can be provided for all experience levels from beginner to advanced.
Some of Our ESRI Product and System Training
- Extensions such as Spatial Analyst, InterOp Extension
- Geodatabase Design
GIS Application Development
GIS is a powerful tool for mapping, analyzing and reporting on your data. However, the real power of GIS is in the applications that you can wrap around the platform to bring value to your operation. Our developer staff has expertise in all areas of ESRI products, specializing in developing tools to ensure that you get the most from your investment. Our staff understand the need to integrate the client’s short-term and long-term applications objectives. Our goal is to give our clients the tools to operate with efficiency, without the need to have high level GIS expertise on staff.
Example of Custom Applications:
- Custom conversion models support by ESRI InterOp Extension, with an intuitive user interface
- Automation of merging dissimilar datasets to a common data model, such as standardizing parcel data from multiple sources.
- Automated data update services
- Internet or Intranet Web enabled mapping services
Applications can be developed on a number of industry standard platforms ArcObjects and .NET.
Building your GIS
Customized to your specific needs
In collaboration with our client, a needs assessment is conducted to find out what you want your GIS to do. We talk with all the people who will manage and operate your network and those who have a need to use the information. From this fact finding, the necessary GIS tasks are decided along with a list of data requirements. NewCom can identify source of all the available GIS data, such as county datasets and tax assessor data, on which to base your GIS. If no dataset exists, it can be created.
Next, an evaluation of the legacy data about your facilities and municipal assets — maps and CAD files, paper records, computer files — is performed. After analysis of the needs assessment and legacy data, you are given a quote for the basic system.
NewCom offers a complete line of GIS data development and conversion services. GIS feature classes and datasets can be constructed according to client specifications, or NewCom can provide a comprehensive set of attributes that follow industry standards. All feature attributes can be customized to meet our client needs.
GIS data can be provided in all ESRI formats; SDE, Personal Geodatabases, File Geodatabases and Shapefiles. In addition, we can export your GIS data to alternate CAD formats. All GIS datasets are constructed with FDGC compliant metadata provided as part of the project deliverables.
Some of Our Data Services:
- Full photogrammetric services including planimetric data capture, DEM/DTM generation, topographic mapping, aerial triangulation, and orthophoto creation
- Cadastral mapping and conversions
- Generate GIS data from client’s computer-aided design (CAD) files or paper based archives
- Conversion of CAD file to client GIS database format
- Conversion of GIS datasets to CAD formats
- Integrate various spatial data with the clients’ GIS
- Integrate other relational data to clients’ GIS
- Conversion of GIS data formats to CAD formats such as AutoCAD or Bentley’s MicroStation
- Construct ortho Image Catalog or MrSID files from individual orthophotography tiles
- Develop planimetric datasets from orthophotography
GPS Field Surveys
NewCom offers a wide variety of GIS software solutions and data services for both the telecom industry and local and state government. NewCom can provide GPS based field mapping. We use mapping grade equipment to support our field collection activities.
Our facility mapping includes a complete set of attributes associated with each feature point. All data is post-processed to improve accuracy. The data is delivered as one of the standards ESRI data formats; SDE tables, Personal geodatabases, File geodatabases or Shapefiles.
GPS Field Services:
- GPS field data collection
- Generate GIS datasets from collected GPS points
- Facility mapping, visible surface features, such as manholes, valve boxes, curb stops, storm structures, etc.
- Infrastructure mapping such as signage, trails, etc.
- Street centerline generation
- Associate the GPS data with existing GIS features